This luxurious ice cream is the ideal balance of sweet yet salty and rich yet light. This recipe will become a family favorite and is a sure hit for any summer parties. The caramel sauce is swirled into a home made ice cream made with cream, milk and roasted salted almonds to make a delicious salted caramel ice cream.
- Prep: 15 M
- Cooks: 30 M
- Total: 45 M
Ingredients of Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- 400 ml Fresh cream
- 150 ml Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Almond
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Fresh cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
How to Make Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Take a heavy pan. Add butter and sugar. Melt the sugar and butter together and allow the sugar to get a dark golden colour about 5 minutes.
- Once it bubbles, add in the heavy cream slowly and stir the caramel mixture continuously.
- Make sure that you use a bigger and deeper pan to make the caramel as the mixture will come on the top when you pour in the cream.
- Add vanilla extract, sea salt and stir well to combine. Keep aside.
- To make the Ice Cream Mixture: Into a blender jar, add the full fat cream, milk, sugar and vanilla extract.Blend until well combined. Make sure that the cream and the milk is chilled.
- Place the ice cream bowl into ice cream maker. Attach the paddle and set the timer for 30 minutes.
- Start the ice cream maker and pour the ice cream mixture through the opening into the ice cream maker. Do not turn off the machine in between till 30 minutes is up. Now the ice cream will start turning thick and creamy.
- Now half the mixture into a ice cream bowl. Add the caramel sauce on top of the ice cream and swirl the caramel sauce into the ice cream using a toothpick. Top it with half the roasted salted almonds.
- Add another layer of the ice cream, add sauce and swirl the caramel into the ice cream, add the remaining almonds. Freeze them for 5 hours.
- Once the ice cream is frozen, scoop out the ice cream into a cone and top with more it some caramel sauce.