This is a Traditional Sindhi sweet and is prepared in the month of Shravan for the Satai / Satam ( Saptami ) Festival.
INGREDIENT of SATPURA
- Maida- 3 cups
- Oil – for frying
- Cardamom powder
- Pistachio powder (for garnishing)
How to Make SATPURA
- Firstly knead the flour with water.
- Mix oil and white flour in a bowl.
- Roll a small portion of dough, without using flour to roll.
- Cut into strips. Now stretch each strip and apply the flour-oil paste and join all the strips to make a round roll.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and fry this.
- Using the tongs, open it up lightly.It should be crisp.
- Drain the oil from the satpuras and let them cool.
- Sprinkle sugar, cardamom powder and pistachio powder on top.