Sausage Rolls are a party favourite and a great finger food option that most guests will love.
Ingredients of Sausage Rolls
- ½ cup dried breadcrumbs
- ½ cup skim milk
- 200g very lean beef mince
- 100g sausage mince
- ½ small onion finely diced
- ½ teaspoon mixed herbs
- pepper to taste
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- cooking spray
Also Read: English Flapjack
Directions of Sausage Rolls
- Preheat the fan to forced 200ºC. Combine breadcrumbs and milk in a small bowl, let stand for 2 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients, except the filo pastry, using your hands well to mix the ingredients well.
- Superimpose all the sheets of filo pastry on top of each other by spraying a cooking spray between each layer. Cut in half.
- Divide the sausage mixture in half and roll half of it into a long sausage shape that will fit the cut dough sheets.
- Roll the leaves tightly but gently away from you (like a Swiss roll). Repeat this with the other ingredients. For large sausage rolls, cut each roll in half (4 sausage rolls).
- For small sausage rolls, cut each roll into 6 pieces (12 sausage rolls). Place on a flat baking sheet covered with cooking spray.
- Cook for about 20 minutes.