These fluffy savory muffins made in cute shapes and filled with the goodness of vegetables, herbs and cheese is the perfect healthy breakfast or snack. They come together very quickly and perfect for those busy mornings. They are perfect for breakfast and also kids lunchboxes or a party appetizer.
INGREDIENTS Of Savory Vegetable Muffins
- 1 cup semolina
- 1/4 cup carrots, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup spinach, chopped
- 3/4 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 green chillies, chopped (optional)
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup yogurt or vegan yogurt
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese, shredded (optional)
ALSO READ: Apple Coconut Burfi
INSTRUCTIONS Of Savory Vegetable Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease the muffin tray.
- This will give you either 8 regular size muffins or 16 mini muffins. I used a mini muffin tray. In a mixing bowl, add the semolina, yogurt, carrots, peas, spinach, green peppers, ginger garlic paste, black pepper, Italian seasoning, salt, baking powder and oil.
- Add water and stir in the dough. At this point, you can taste the dough to make sure the garlic and ginger salt are according to your taste.
- Grease the muffin pan with oil or use greased silicone muffin pans. Pour the dough at the top.
- Sprinkle with grated cottage cheese or you can skip this step completely.
- Bake them for about 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F until a toothpick is clean from the center of the muffin. Let them cool and serve.