These fluffy savory muffins made in cute shapes and filled with the goodness of vegetables, herbs and cheese is the perfect healthy breakfast or snack. They come together very quickly and perfect for those busy mornings. They are perfect not just for breakfast but also kids lunchboxes or a party appetizer.
- 1 cup semolina
- 1/4 cup carrots, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup spinach, chopped
- 3/4 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 green chillies, chopped (optional)
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup yogurt or vegan yogurt
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese, shredded (optional)
ALSO READ: Apple Coconut Burfi
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F and grease the muffin tray. This will yield you either 8 regular sized muffins or 16 mini muffins. I used a mini muffin tray.
- In a mixing bowl, add semolina, yogurt, carrots, peas, spinach, green chillies, ginger garlic paste, black pepper, italian seasoning,salt, baking powder and oil. Add water and fold the batter in. At this point, you could taste the paste to make sure the ginger garlic and salt is as per your taste.
- Grease the muffin pan with oil or use greased silicon muffin molds.
- Pour in the batter to the the top.
- Sprinkle some grated cottage cheese or you can skip this step completely.
- Bake them for about 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F until a toothpick comes clean from the center of the muffin. Allow them to cool and serve it