It is a fusion Indo Chinese recipe of a hot chili sauce. This is one of the most popular sauce recipes from the Indo Chinese cuisine.
- Preparation Time : 20 mins
- Cooking Time: 30 mins
Ingredients of Schezwan Sauce
- Dry Red Chillies -30
- Garlic – 20 cloves crushed
- Ginger – 4 tbs, grated
- Tomato ketchup – 3 tsp
- Soya Sauce – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Oil – 1/4 cup
How to Make Schezwan Sauce
- Take dry chillies and remove the seeds.
- Now take the chillies and add it to a sauce pan. Add water and bring it to boil for 5 mins.
- By this time the chillies must have plumped up. Drain chillies.
- Reserve the water for grinding.
- Take the chillies in a blender add the reserved water, make them into a paste.
- Now heat oil in a sauce pan. Put garlic and ginger.
- Now add in the chilli paste and mix well.
- Add ketchup, soya sauce, salt, sugar and pepper. Mix well for 10 min.
- Cool this and store in a clean air tight container refrigerated.