Seekh kebab is a type of kebab, popular in South Asia, made with spiced minced or ground meat, usually lamb, beef, or chicken, formed into cylinders on skewers and grilled. It is typically cooked on a mangal or barbecue, or in a tandoor.
INGREDIENTS of Seekh Kebabs
- 1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 lb ground meat or chicken or lamb
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1 thai bird chili, minced
- ½ tsp Fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander leaves
- 1/2tsp black pepper corn
- 1/2 sea salt
- 1 tsb chopped mint
- 1 tbs freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 tbs Ghee
How To Make Seekh Kebabs
- Add the fennel seeds, coriander seeds and black peppercorns to a spice mill and grind freshly. Put aside.
- In a food processor, add the onion and mince.
- Place the chopped onion on a large paper towel. Set aside for now.
- Then add the minced meat to the food processor.
- In a bowl, combine the ground meat, garlic, ginger, Thai pepper, freshly ground spices, salt, cilantro, mint and ghee.
- Mix the onions.
- Grease your hands with a little ghee, sear a handful of meat and roll it into a sausage shape – slide on a skewer.
- Light your grill and cook over medium heat until it is no longer pink. Serve with grilled vegetables.