Sesame Ball is world famous healthy dessert. Today we are making my favorite dessert growing up, Sesame Balls. When it comes to holiday, a small batch of sesame balls will bring almost every guest back to old memories. It is a tradition to make some dishes with glutinous rice for Chinese people.
Ingredients of Sesame Ball
- 1.5 cup glutinous rice flour
- 80 gram sugar
- 100 ml water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup roasted white sesame seeds
- Red Bean Paste or any other filling
- water for dipping
- more glutinous rice flour for dusting
- oil for frying
How to Make Sesame Ball
- Take glutinous rice flour out and water. Make a smooth dough.
- Bring some water to boil and then cook the small dough for around 5 minutes.
- Prepare a bowl with cold water on the side.
- Then the small dough is ready, transfer out and soak with cold water to cool down.
- In a large bowl, mix the left flour with sugar and baking powder.
- And then add the small dough in. Break with hand and slowly put in water.
- Continue kneading until smooth dough.
- Now shape the dough into long log. Shape each portion into a round ball.
- Shape the small rice balls into a bowl and then wrap around 1 teaspoon red bean paste in. Seal completely.
- Prepare two bowls: one with clean water and the other with sesame. Take one ball with one hand, quick dip with water and then roll the ball in sesame bowl with another hand.
- Press the balls several times so the sesame seeds can sticky to the surface.
- Heat oil in a kadhai.
- Carefully add the sesame balls, deep-fry the balls until slightly golden brown.
- Turn off fire; transfer out and absorb extra oil with paper.
- Cool down for several minutes and enjoy!