Sesame Seed Cookies are the perfect sweet treat to serve with a cup of coffee or espresso. These Italian Sesame Seed Cookies are the perfect addition to your holiday cookie tray – especially if you want to offer a lighter, simpler cookie option in addition to the more rich and indulgent cookies on the dessert table.
INGREDIENTS of Sesame seed cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup plus two tablespoons whole milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups sesame seeds
How To Make Sesame seed cookies
- Beat butter and sugar in the bowl until smooth and pale, about one minute.
- Add one egg at a time, while beating. Scrape bowl and mix again.
- Add two tablespoons of milk along with vanilla.
- Add baking powder and mix.
- With mixer running, gradually add flour until you have used 3 ½ cups.
- Use remaining flour to dust your counter and pour dough out onto flour and knead a few minutes, cover and let rest 15 minutes.
- After resting, put ½ cup of milk into a medium bowl and the sesame seeds into another.
- Using a one-ounce scoop, scoop out 36 portions of dough.
- Then roll each in between your palms to form 36 balls.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Take one ball at a time and dip in milk then roll in the sesame seeds.
- Pick up the coated ball and form into a rectangle with your hands and place on cookie sheet.