Shakshuka Recipe: A delicious tomato and egg recipe! Eggs cooked in a palate of herbs and spices along with tomatoes, served with a generous garnish of fresh parsley!
Recipe Servings: 2 Prep Time: Cook Time: Total Cook Time:
- 30 Ml Olive oil
- 80 Gram Onion (diced)
- 10 Gram Garlic, chopped
- 1 Kg Ripe tomato (diced)
- 60 Gram Tomato paste
- 8 Gram Smoked paprika powder
- 8 Gram Cumin powder
- 5 Gram Cayenne pepper powder
- 10 Gram Salt
- 5 Gram Dried herbs
- 6 Nos Eggs
- 10 Gram Parsley, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large lidded frying pan over a medium heat and add the onion. Cook until golden and then add peppers.
- Add garlic and dried herbs and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Pour in the tomatoes and roughly mash.
- Stir the mixture and bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer.
- Add all remaining spices and seasoning and cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Make 4-8 divots in the sauce and break in the eggs.
- Season them lightly, turn the heat right down as low as possible, cover and cook for about 10 minutes until they’re just set.
- Serve with fresh chopped parsley.