Shakkarpara is an Indian popular snacks. It is popular in Gujarat, Maharashtra and Karnataka. It is traditionally dish for Diwali. It is rich in carbohydrates. It gives instant source of energy.
Ingredients Of Shankarpali
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/2 – 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
ALSO READ: Waffle Fruit Tarts
Instructions Of Shankarpali
- Keep a non-stick kadhai and add water, oil and sugar and heat over low heat until the sugar melts.
- Increase the heat to high and turn off the gas when the mixture begins to boil. Let the mixture cool a little ( about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the maida to the mixture little by little until it forms a soft paste (and no longer sticks) Make 2-3 balls and work one ball of dough at a time.
- Roll the dough in a circle (about 7 to 8 inches) and 1/2 inch thick. Use a little flour while rolling to avoid sticking.
- Rolling on waxed paper also makes it easier. Cut the rolled dough into the desired square or diamond shapes (they are traditionally cut into diamonds).
- Heat the oil over medium heat and when the oil is hot enough, fry these pieces cut in small batches until they are golden brown on both sides.
- Drain and remove them on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Repeat the process for the remaining dough. Cool completely before storing in container.