A traditional Desert that you can make anytime to treat your family and friends on any occasion, shrikhand is truly delicious and can be prepared easily.
- PREP TIME:12 HOURS
- COOK TIME:5 MINUTES
- TOTAL TIME:12 HOURS 5 MINUTES
INGREDIENTS Of Shrikhand (Ganesh Chautarthi Special)
- 2 cups curd, thick and fresh
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp saffron water
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp almonds, chopped
- 1 tsp pistachios, chopped
Also Read: Rava Laddoo (Ganesh Chaturthi Special)
INSTRUCTIONS Of Shrikhand (Ganesh Chautarthi Special)
- first, place a sieve in a large mixing bowl. make sure there is enough space for water to collect at the bottom of the bowl without touching the sieve. then place a cheese cloth or handkerchief in the bowl.
- Pour 2 cups of fresh thick curd. Bring the fabric together and tie it securely.
- Also, refrigerate it overnight. Be sure to refrigerate otherwise the curd will become sour and will need to add more sugar. the next day we can see that the water has separated from the curd.
- A thick, creamy curd is ready, also known as hanged curd. Add the powdered sugar also add saffron water to prepare saffron water, dip a few sprigs of saffron in 2 tablespoons of hot water.
- Mix well making sure the sugar dissolves in the curd, add cardamom powder and give a quick mix again.
- Transfer to the piping bag or directly to a serving bowl. additionally, press the piping bag into the serving bowl. also garnish with chopped almonds and pistachios.
- finally, store in the refrigerator or serve immediately.