Shumai is a type of traditional Chinese dumpling. These Chinese steamed dumplings have a classic juicy pork and prawn filling, enclosed with wonton wrappers.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 10 minutes
- TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
Ingredients of Shumai
- 40 g of prawn meat
- 1 Chinese dried mushrooms
- 100 g of pork belly, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp Shaoxing wine
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp cornflour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 4 wonton skin
How to Make Shumai
- Marinate the prawn meat with salt.
- After 5 min. wash away the salt under running water.
- Place the prawn in a colander to drain away excess water.
- Combined all the ingredients and put it on the plate repeatedly under it forms a firm mass, like burger patty.
- Place the filling on the wonton skin.
- Rotate the Shumai and squeeze it at the waist.
- Press down the meat with a metal spoon to level it.
- Flatten the base of the Shumai.
- Steam over high heat, for 10 minutes.
- Served hot.