A samosa made with Singhare ka Atta (Water chestnut flour). This samosa will serve you best when you crave anything crispy during this Navratri.
Prep Time: 05 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr
Total Cook Time: 1 hr 05 mins
Ingredients Of Singhare Ke Atte Ka Samosa
- For the dough:
- 120 Gram Singhare ka atta (water chestnut flour)
- 1/4 Cup Arrowroot
- 60 Gram Ghee
- 2 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 tsp Sendha namak (white rock salt)
- For deep-frying Ghee
- For the filling:
- 125 Gram Chironji (charoli) (soaked in water for about 2 hours)
- 3/4 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp Zeera (cumin seeds)
- 2 tsp Dhania (coriander powder)
- 2 tsp Sendha namak (white rock salt )
- 1/2 tsp Elaichi (cardamom) powder
- 30 Gram Ghee
How to Make Singhare ke Atte ka Samosa
- Prepare samosa filling: Remove the husk of the chironji and grind coarsely.
- Heat the 2 tbsp ghee, in a pan and add the zeera. When it splutters, add chironji and rest of the filling ingredients. Saute over low heat till mixture is well fried. Leave to cool.
- Prepare samosa dough: Place the water, ghee and 1 tsp. Salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. As soon as it comes to a boil, put in the attack and arrowroot and mix well, over low heat, until it collects in the center.
- Remove the dough from the heat and let cool.
- Roll the dough (using dry flour or arrowroot if it sticks) into 1/8 “thick, 3” diameter rings and cut in half.
- Take one half, wet the edges. Fold the straight edge in the center and join overlapping the other edge to form a cone.
- Press the overlapping part and fill the cone with the filling, then press the edges together to seal the ‘Samosa’. Repeat with the rest of the pieces.
- Heat the ghee and over high heat, add as much samosas as possible without touching.
- Lower the heat to medium and fry until golden brown on each side.
- Serve hot.