Buttered bread roundels are sandwiched with a peppy mix of paneer and green chutney, and decorated with olives and ketchup to resemble a smiley. The Smiley Face Sandwiches are so awesome that will enjoy eating it, and making it too!
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 4 sandwiches
8 bread slices
4 tsp butter for spreading
4 tbsp grated processed cheese
8 sliced black olives
2 tsp tomato ketchup
To Be Mixed Into A Paneer Mixture
1/2 cup crumbled paneer (cottage cheese)
4 tsp green chutney
- Cut the bread slices into approx. 62 mm. (2 1/2″) diameter rounds with a cookie cutter.
- Place 2 bread roundels on a clean dry surface and apply ½ tsp of butter on each roundel.
- Divide the paneer mixture into 4 portions. Place a portion of the prepared paneer mixture on one buttered bread roundel and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese evenly over it.
- Cover the sandwich with the other buttered side bread roundel facing downwards and press it lightly.
- Place 2 sliced olive on the sandwich to resemble eyes and squeeze ½ tsp of tomato ketchup on it to resemble a smile.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 to make 3 other sandwiches.
- Serve immediately.
|Value per sandwiche||% Daily Values|
|Vitamin A||193.7 mcg||4%|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||0 mg||0%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0 mg||0%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||0.3 mg||3%|
|Vitamin C||0.7 mg||2%|
|Vitamin E||0.1 mg||1%|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||0.1 mcg||0%|