This burger is one of the best we’ve ever tried. A combo of onions cooked in hot sauce, shredded smoked gouda, sweet barbecue sauce & toasted buttered bread.
Ingredients of SMOKED GOUDA AND BACON BURGERS WITH BARBECUE SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Frank’s RedHot or other hot sauce
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) white bread
- 8 slices (thick-cut) bacon
- 2 pounds (20 percent fat) ground beef chuck, formed into 4 patties the same size as the bread slices
- 3 ounces (1 cup) smoked Gouda, shredded
- 1/4 cup sweet Barbecue sauce
Also Read: Tex-Mex Deviled Eggs
How to Make SMOKED GOUDA AND BACON BURGERS WITH BARBECUE SAUCE
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the chopped onion and a pinch of salt, cover and cook, stirring several times, until the onion is tender and crunchy and becomes translucent, 5 minutes.
Stir in hot sauce and beef broth and remove from heat. Season with salt. Heat a large hot plate. Spread the butter on 1 side of each slice of bread and buttered baking sheet down over medium heat until toasted, about 2 minutes.
Transfer the toast to a plate. Add bacon to plate and cook over moderate heat until crisp, about 4 minutes on each side; Drain on paper towels.
Wipe the hot plate. Season the beef patties with salt and cook on the hot plate over moderately high heat until they are semi-rare, about 2 minutes per side.
Top each burger with 1/4 cup smoked Gouda and cook until cheese melts, 1 minute. Set the burgers on the butterless sides of 4 toasts.
Top with bacon, onion and sweet barbecue sauce.
Close the burgers and serve, passing more barbecue sauce to the table.