It’s so easy to make and perfect for batch cooking. This recipe goes well with any bean and is particularly good with chili peppers and lots of fresh herbs. Have fun and find your favorite combination.
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion chopped
- 125g bacon strips/ chopped
- 300g minced meat
- 3/4 tsp dried chilli
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 500g baked beans with barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp.Cane sugar
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and bacon stirring until the onion is soft.
- Add the ground beef for 7 to 8 minutes til browned. Add chili and paprika. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the cannellini beans, refried beans, 1⁄2 cup water, sugar, and mustard. Bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat low and Cook for 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in half of the parsley. Sprinkle the beans with the remaining parsley. Serve with croutons.