Sojjappalu Stuffed Sweet Poori Recipe, is a traditional sweet normally prepared for festivals and other happy occasions. It’s basically poori stuffed with a sweet, Semolina Halwa aka Rava Kesari accentuated with cardamom flavour.
Ingredients of Sojjappalu Stuffed Sweet Poori
- Suji (Semolina) – 250 g
- Sugar – 250 g
- Maida – 300 g
- Ghee – 75 g
- Cardamoms – 6
- Cashew nuts – 15
How To Make Sojjappalu Stuffed Sweet Poori
- Take maida and mix 50 g ghee in it.
- Add a little water and knead into a soft dough.
- Cover this dough with a wet cloth.
- In a kadai, put suji and roast for 15 mins.
- In a kadai put 1 tbsp ghee and 500 ml water . When the water boils, add the roasted suji slowly, stirring simultaneously.
- Lower the flame and keep a lid on for 5 mins.
- Add the sugar in this and keep stirring for at least 15 mins.
- Add cardamom powder and cashewnut pieces.
- Make small balls from the above suji halwa.
- Now with the help of little oil, press these stuffed balls into thick circles.
- Now deep fry these suji-halwa stuffed maida puris in hot oil.
- Fry them and poories are ready.