Sondesh is the most popular Bengali sweet that is made with Chhana and sugar / gour. On any occasion, the Bengali people celebrate with sondesh. There are many different varieties of sondesh such as Plesh sondesh, Gurer sondesh, Norom paker sondesh (Soft sondesh), Kora paker sondesh etc. It’s the holiday season. So we’re celebrating this season with paker gurer sondesh. “
Ingredients of Nolen Gurer Sondesh
- Full Fat milk 4 cups
- Gur 1 cup (or sugar 1 cup)
- Vinegar 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons water (Mixed in a cup)
- Cardamom powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped pista for garnishing
Also Read: Chocolate Frosted Donuts with Sprinkles
How to make Nolen Gurer Sondesh Recipe
First make the Chhana or Paneer :
- Take a pan, add a little water, then add the milk, place the pan on the oven and bring the milk to a boil. When the milk begins to boil, add vinegar and water in the milk.
- Gradually add vineager. when all the vinegar and water is added, turn off the oven and reserve the pan for 10 minutes to curdle all the milk.
- After 10 minutes, take a cheese cloth in a large colander and strain all the excess water from the chhana.
- Take the colander under the tap and run cold water to remove the acidity of the chhana.
- Squeeze the cheese cloth to remove excess water and hang the cheese cloth on the kitchen tap with chhana to remove any excess water that remains inside the chhana for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take the cheese cloth and press to remove if there is any water left inside the chhana.
- Making the Sondesh : Now take a bowl and mash the chhana with your palm. Crush the chhana to make it smooth for at least 5 to 10 minutes.
- If you have a food processor, add the chhana and mix a little to get a smooth texture. Add the cardamom powder or the crushed cardamom and knead the chhana again for 5 minutes.
- Now add the sweet gur or sugar and mix gently with the chhana puree and knead for another 5 minutes.
- Now take a clean non-stick skillet and heat it over medium-low heat. When it is little how to add the chhana mixture and stir with a spatula for a few minutes.
- Now take out the hot chhana and kneel again for a while. If you find the chhana not very brittle and difficult to crush, use a blender and blen for a few seconds.
- You will get the smooth texture of Sandesh. Take the smooth chhana on a plate and immediately shape it with molds or simply throw it into balls.
- If you wait, it will harden. If you don’t stir the chhana mixture on hot non-stick tawa, that’s fine.
- You can still make probes with the mixture.
- Enjoy the authentic Bengali Sweet Sondesh.