Soan papdi is said to have originated specifically in Bangladesh and spread to the states of Gujarat, Punjab, and Rajasthan. The Indian state of Uttar Pradesh has also been proposed as a potential origin for the candy.
- Total Time: 30m
- Prep Time: 10 m
Ingredients of Sonpapdi
How to Make Sonpapdi
- Take a large bowl and sift gram flour and all purpose flour together.
- Then take a pan and heat it over flame and once the pan is hot enough, add some ghee.
- Add flour mixture to the pan and roast on low flame till light golden. Keep aside to cool a little, stir occasionally.
- Make syrup out of sugar, water and milk. Bring syrup to 2 1/2 thread consistency.
- Pour the sugar syrup at once into the flour mixture.
- Put into a greased thali and roll to 1inch thickness lightly.
- Sprinkle the elaichi.
- Let it cool and then cut into squares, wrap individually into square pieces of thin plastic sheet.
- Decorate with pista and almond.
- Store in an airtight container.