A classic southern dessert, the sour cream cake is light and fluffy. It is one of the best homemade pound cakes. With a moist, dense interior with a slightly crispy crust, this old-fashioned but very popular cake recipe from scratch is a crowd pleaser. So here’s how to make sour cream cake at home.
How to make a great Sour Cream Pound cake?
- The more airy the cake batter, the softer the cake.
- Therefore, beat the cake batter for a long time. Use the best butter available.
- You will see how it greatly improves the taste and texture of the cake.
- Also make sure to cream the butter and sugar well before mixing them with the rest of the ingredients.
- Do not forget to add sour cream – as it guarantees softness.
Ingredients of Sour Cream Pound Cake
- 1 cup real butter no substitutions
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs room temperature
- 8 ounces sour cream room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Also Read: CHOCOLATE OREO CAKE
Instructions of Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a shortening tube mold with solid vegetables and flour.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs and beating each before adding the next. Stir in sour cream.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder in a small bowl, then add 1/2 cup at a time to dough until well blended. Stir in vanilla.
- Place the dough in the prepared pan. Bake 325 degrees for 80 to 85 minutes. A long wooden pick is insert in the center of the cake.
- The cake is made when dry crumbs stick to your choice.
- Let the cake cool on a wire rack for 1 to 20 minutes before turning it over on a tray so that it cools completely.