A hearty blend of shredded cooked chicken breasts, black beans and thick and chunky salsa gives these Southwestern Macho Nachos their name.
Ingredients of Southwestern Nachos(American)
- 2 boneless whole pork loin roasts (3-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 2-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 package (16 ounces) tortilla chips
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
Also Read: American pancakes
Directions of Southwestern Nachos(American)
- Cut each roast in half; place in half 5 qt. slow cookers.
- Combine apple juice, garlic, salt and, if desired, liquid smoke, pour over the meat.
- Cover and cook over low heat 7-8 hours or until tender.
- Preheat the oven to 375 °. Shred the pork with 2 forks; place in a very large bowl. Stir in barbecue sauce, brown sugar and honey.
- Divide the tortilla chips between two 13 x 9-inch greases. baking dishes, garnish with the pork mixture.
- Combine corn, beans, tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeño and lime juice, place on the pork mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the cheese with the milk.
- Drizzle with cheese sauce on the nachos.