Spanish Valencia Prawns: An effortless and classy preparation of prawns with paprika, red wine and lemon juice; served with a spicy dip.
Recipe Servings: 2 Prep Time: Cook Time: Total Cook Time:
- 12 medium sized prawns
- 20 ml refined sunflower oil
- 20 ml dry red wine
- 10 gms shrimp powder
- A pinch of saffron
- 20 gms paprika
- 20 ml lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 30 gms chopped onion – fried golden
- 30 gms chopped garlic – fried golden
Also Read: Garlic Prawns
Method To Make Spanish Valencia Prawns
- In a round bowl, mix paprika powder, red wine, shrimp powder, saffron, salt and vegetable oil. Whisk well.
- Add fried onions and fried garlic. Check seasoning.
- Peel, de-vein and clean prawns.
- Add lemon juice. Marinate for 45 minutes.
- Grill over moderate charcoal fire and serve hot with a medium spice dip.