Made with cheap ingredients like mince, rice and vegies, this budget-friendly dinner is on the table in under 30 minutes.
INGREDIENTS Of Speedy Thai Chilli Jam Chicken
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, chopped
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200g snake beans, trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1/4 cup chilli jam
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon grated palm sugar
1/3 cup roasted cashew nuts
1/3 cup fresh Thai basil leaves
Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
ALSO READ: Umai skewers (New Zealand Receipe)
METHOD Of Speedy Thai Chilli Jam Chicken
- Step 1 Heat the wok over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons of oil. Shake to coat. Sauté a third of the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and just cooked. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with the oil and the rest of the chicken in 2 batches.
- Step 2 Add the remaining oil and heat. Shake to coat. Add the onion. Sauté for 2 minutes and make it soft. Add the garlic. Sauté for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the snake beans and bell pepper. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stage 3 Return the chicken to the wok. Add the chili jam, fish sauce, oyster sauce and sugar. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes or until the sauce mixture is bubbling and hot. Add the cashews. Mix to combine. Sprinkle with basil. Serve with rice and garnish with chili