Tender chicken chunks spiked with the best of Indian spices. Fiery and flavour packed, this is one of our classic chicken recipes. Spicy chicken is a must at dinner parties for its incredibly delicious flavour that can instantly make any dinner menu an interesting one. Fireworks on a plate, not to be missed!
Prep Time: Cook Time: Total Cook Time: Recipe Servings: 4
75 Ml Mustard oil
1 tsp Onion seeds (kalonjee)
1 tsp Fennel seeds (saunf)
2 Tbsp Garlic, chopped
200 Gram Onion, chopped
150 Gram Tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp Ginger, chopped
2-3 Green chillies
2 Tbsp Curry leaves
1 Kg Chicken leg (cubes, boneless)
1 Tbsp Tomato paste
1 Tbsp Red chilli powder
1 tsp Black pepper (crushed)
1 tsp Cumin powder, roasted
To taste Salt
A pinch of Black salt
20 Gram Fresh coriander
10 Gram Mint
- Heat mustard oil. Add onion seeds and fennel seeds. Once they release flavor, add chopped garlic. Saute for a while.
- Add the chopped onion, tomato, ginger and green chillies. Stir fry until the onion turns brownish.
- Meanwhile, fry curry leaves and crush them.
- Add the boneless chicken cubes, tomato paste and stir for a while.
- Add the other dry spices and mix well.
- Cook on a low flame, with a lid on top for about 10 minutes.
- Add the crushed curry leaves and mix well.
- Serve the dish garnished with fresh coriander and mint.