These sweet potato wraps make a scrumptious lunch. Sweet potatoes is the only thing thats super secial in this dish – so I wanted to share the recipe below! Enjoy!
Ingredients of Spicy Sweet Potato Wraps
CURRIED SWEET POTATO SPREAD
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1/ 4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup baked, mashed sweet potato
- 1 head collard greens
- 1 can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 large apple, cored
- 1/ 2 cup toasted, or walnuts pecans
- 1/ 4 cup raisins
- 1 cup sprouts
- Hemp Hearts, , for topping
How to Make Spicy Sweet Potato Wraps
- Add a cleaned sweet potato to the tray and stab several times with a fork.
- Bake for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Once cool, remove the skins and lightly smash with a fork.
- Soak the cashews by soaking in hot water for 30 minutes.
- While the cashews are soaking and sweet potato is baking, prepare your collard wrap toppings by slicing the apple, cleaning the sprouts, chopping nuts, etc. and set aside.
- Rinse the collard wraps and use a knife to shave down the protruding tough center.
- Drain, rinse, and add the soaked cashews to the blender with peeled and smashed sweet potato, cashew butter, fresh squeezed lemon, garlic powder, curry powder, and salt.
- Pulse until you have a smooth spread, scraping down the sides as needed to recombine.
- To assemble the wraps, place the collard leaves face down and spread with Curried Sweet Potato spread.
- Add lentils, apple matchsticks, chopped pecans or walnuts, and sprouts. Fold in the sides and wrap up lengthwise like a burrito.
- Enjoy the wrap.