Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 6 servings
1 cup chopped spinach (palak)
1/2 cup sliced baby corn
1 1/2 tbsp cornflour
1 1/2 tsp low-fat butter
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
4 cups basic vegetable stock
salt and to taste
Method To Make Spinach and Baby Corn Soup
- Dissolve the cornflour in ½ cup of basic vegetable stock and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1minute.
- Add the baby corn and spinach and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining 3 ½ cups of basic vegetable stock and the cornflour-stock mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Allow it to cool completely and then blend it in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer the purée back to the pan and add the salt and pepper. Mix well and bring to a boil, while stirring occasionally.
- Spinach and Baby Corn Soup is ready. Serve hot.
|Value per serving||% Daily Values|
|Vitamin A||947.8 mcg||20%|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||0.1 mg||10%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0.1 mg||9%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||0.7 mg||6%|
|Vitamin C||19.3 mg||48%|
|Vitamin E||0.3 mg||2%|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||36.7 mcg||18%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.