A delicious, spicy and easy curry that will impress.
Ingredients Of Sri Lankan Spicy Lamb Curry
- 1 pound of boneless leg of lamb, cubed into bite-sized pieces
- 3 teaspoons of chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 10 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon black mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 tablespoon cardamom pods, smashed open (but keep skin!)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
ALSO READ: Meat Fritters (Australian Receipe)
Directions Of Sri Lankan Spicy Lamb Curry
- In a bowl that can fit the meat, mix the chilli powder, garlic, salt, soy sauce until well incorporated. Add the lamb cubes, cover with plastic, and marinate in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, cardamom pods, and cinnamon stick, stirring occasionally for about 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
3. Turn down heat to low, and add coriander, cumin powder, and meat, stirring. Cover the pot with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add onions and coconut milk and cook for an additional 20 minutes, uncovered.
5. Taste and adjust salt seasoning to your liking.
6. Serve hot and accompany with rice and breads of your choice! Enjoy!