As the summer wore on, our holy basil crop grew and grew and we now have a pretty serious holy basil patch in our yard––enough to make endless plates of Stir Fried Pork with Basil.
INGREDIENTS of Stir Fried Pork with Basil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 4 tablespoons water
- 5.5 ounces fresh green beans chopped into small lengths (1 to 2 inches)
- 3-6 small red chillis
- 4 garlic cloves crushed or chopped finely
- 7 ounces minced pork
- a really large handful of Holy basil
How to make Stir Fried Pork with Basil
- Combine fish sauce, soy sauce, kecap manis, oyster sauce and water in a bowl or jug and set aside.
- Heat a large drizzle of oil in a wok or frying pan, then sauté the green beans for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped peppers and garlic and sauté for a few more minutes. Add the pork and sauté until cooked (a few more minutes).
- Pour the sauce, stir well, then boil for a minute or two more.
- Stir in basil until wilted, then serve with rice.