Masala pav is a yummy and spicy Mumbai street food. Delicious, soft and homemade vegan buns stuffed with some mildly spiced vegetable mix and baked till it gets a nice crust on top. Serve it for any time along with a soup, salad, some sides or curries for a special weekend meal.
Preparation time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
Ingredients of Stuffed Masala Pav
- 2 cups multigrain flour
- ¾ teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200 ml lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon maggi masala
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 green chilly chopped
- 2 boiled potato mashed
- ¼ cup tomato chopped
- ¼ cup carrot finely chopped
- ¼ cup beans finely chopped
- ½ cup cabbage finely sliced
- 2 tablespoon rasins
- 2 teaspoon maggi masala
- White sesame seeds
- Back sesame seeds
- Chilly flakes
- Coriander leave
How to Make Stuffed Masala Pav
- Add the seived flour, baking powder, yeast, sugar, salt, maggi magic in a bowl and mix well.
- Add water and oil, stir and bring the mixture together, and make a smooth dough. Shape the dough into a ball before you let the dough rise.
- Put the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with clean towel and allow to proof in a warm place for 1-2 hours or until doubled.
- Make Stuffing: Add chopped onion and saute for few seconds. Add ginger garlic paste and add green chillies and saute, Add chopped tomatoes and cook for 5 min.
- Add chopped beans, carrot, cabbage, raisins and season with salt. Stir well and saute.
- Add mashed potatoes and maggi masala. Add some chopped coriander leaves.
- Once the dough has doubled, gently deflate the dough.
- Flatten the dough. Divide the dough into equal portions.
- Flatten the dough in a small circular shape with your hands. Scoop the prepared stuffing.
- Place these prepared stuffed buns in a greased baking tin.
- Cover the pav again with cling wrap and place in warm place to rise for another 30 minutes.
- Once it is proofed, brush the shaped dough with water.
- Sprinkle white and black sesame seeds and chilly flakes.
- The bread is ready to be baked.
- Preheat oven to 180° C for 10 minutes.
- Bake the stuffed pav for 20-25 minutes with both filaments until the crust turns golden brown.
- Take out the baked bread.
- You can brush over with melted butter.
- Remove the pav from the pan.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and your stuffed masala pav is ready to be served.