These stuffed zucchini are filled with a hearty sausage mixture, then topped with plenty of cheese and baked to perfection. An easy low carb meal option that the whole family will enjoy!
Ingredients Of Stuffed Zucchini
- 2-3 zucchinis
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ pound ground turkey or chicken
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 small green yellow or red pepper
- 2 tablespoon parsley
- cooking spray
- ½ cup grated cheese , optional
ALSO READ: lahmacun (TURKISH PIZZA)
Instructions Of Stuffed Zucchini
- Trim stems from zucchini , cut in lengthwise halves.
2. Scoop out the flesh of the zucchini with a teaspoon, leaving some at the bottom. Reserve flesh and set aside.
3. Add water to a medium sized sauce pan, lightly salt and bring to a boil. Gently place zucchinis in the pot of boiling water and boil for about 2-3 minutes. Using a tong, remove from water and pat dry.
4, Heat up a medium sauce pan with about 2 tablespoons oil. Add onions and garlic , cook until onions is wilted.
5. Then add ground meat, brown for a couple of minutes until meat is no longer pink.
6. Next add tomato sauce, seasoning, paprika and salt and pepper. Continue cooking for about 3-5 minutes.
7. Throw in bell pepper and parsley – cook for about 2 more minutes.
8. Finally, add about 1/2 cup of zucchini flesh, if desired. It works well with or without seeds. Adjust seasonings to taste. Set aside .
9. Greased the baking dish with cooking spray. then start filling the zucchini with meat mixture, sprinkle with cheese, if desired, place in oven and bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for about 15 -20 minutes. Serve warm.