The Sugar cane juice kheer is a specialty of Punjab where sugar cane is grown in abundance. This sugar cane juice kheer is gluten free and can be made vegan too. Without the use of milk, this dish has a very distinct unique taste.
Ingredients of Ganne Ki Kheer
Also Read: Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
How to make Ganne Ki Kheer
- Wash the rice and soak it in enough water for 20 to 30 minutes. Then put a saucepan over low heat and add sugar cane juice.
- Bring to a boil and add the soaked rice. Mix well then add the cardamom powder to the pan and cook the kheer over low heat.
- Keep stirring constantly to prevent the kheer from sticking to the bottom.
- Cook until rice and cane juice form a smooth mixture, then add the chopped dried fruit.
- Cook for a minute or two, then turn off the flame. Let the kheer cool and serve fresh.
- You can also enjoy it hot.