suji papad is my favourite recipe. Every Indian kid love it in evening snacks. it is easy to make and store for many years.
Ingredients for Sooji Papad
- Semolina – 1 cup
- Water – 6 cups
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Oil – for frying
How To Make Sooji Papad
- Preheat 6 cups of water in a pan and add cumin seeds, salt and oil in the water.
- Add a cup of semolina in intervals to the water while continuously stirring it.
- Make sure it doesn’t have any lumps in it.
- Cook while continuously stirring it on the high flame.
- Switch off the flame after cooking it.
- Grease some plates with the oil and spread the mixture over it using a spatula.
- After spreading the mixture, place it in the sunlight to dry.
- After drying it for 2 days, store it in an airtight container and fry to eat whenever required.
- To fry them: Preheat oil to fry in a wok and keep the flame on high.
- Add the papad to fry on the high flame and press with a holder while frying it to bloat it.
- Flip and fry until becomes brown from both sides.
- The Papad has become brown and it has fried.
- Drain it out of the wok and place on the plate to serve it.
- Sprinkle some Chaat Masala over it before serving.