As the title of the recipe suggests, this summer fruit salad with ice cream is a mix of various fruits and nuts served with ice cream.
Fruit salad with ice cream is one of the dishes featured in the dessert section of the menu of many restaurants in North India.
I make a simple fruit salad with chopped nuts. In this recipe, I do not add any sugar syrup. The fruits are already sweet, so there is absolutely no need to increase the sugar content by adding a sugar solution or honey or any sweetener.
I used seasonal fruits like bananas, sapota (chikoo), dragon fruit, mangoes and strawberries. You can add a mixture of various fruits that you like, but there are some points mentioned below that you need to consider.
Tips for making a summer fruit salad with ice cream
- Use seasonal fruits or seasonal fruits. Avoid sour-tasting mangoes or strawberries. If you are using strawberries, make sure they are sweet.
- Always use only fresh, ripe, sweet fruit.
- Ideally, fruits should not be eaten after a meal. It is always best to have fruit at least half an hour or 1 hour before a meal or a few hours after meals.
- Avoid mixing acidic citrus fruits with sweet fruits.
- Avoid using citrus fruits with milk-based products like ice cream or custard.
- The fruits are very perishable and do not have a long shelf life when chopped. It is therefore always preferable to consume them fresh.
Also Read: Easy Tropical Fruit Salad (With Sweet Fruit)
In this recipe, I just made the salad and served with homemade ice cream. You can even make custard or jelly and serve it with fruit salad and ice cream.
Serve as a summer dessert.
How to make a summer fruit salad with ice cream
1. Rinse, peel and chop the fruit. Take the chopped mixed fruit in a bowl. You can refrigerate the fruit for a few hours and then chop it.
2. Mix them with a spoon.
3. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of chopped nuts such as cashews, almonds and pistachios.
4. Mix the chopped nuts with the fruit mixture.
5. Add fruit salad mixture to bowls or ice cream cups.
6. On the fruit salad, place two to three scoops of vanilla ice cream.
7. Garnish with a few slices of strawberries or fruit or berries. Also sprinkle with chopped nuts from the top.
8. Immediately serve the fruit salad with ice cream.