When making this Summer Pasta Salad, feel free to add any grill-able veggie you like or have on hand. I really like the combo of zucchini, corn and peppers but there veggies like eggplant, asparagus or grilled green beans would work too. Summer Pasta Salad w/ Grilled Zucchini, Corn and Cilantro Pesto is made with gluten-free rice noodles and loaded up with healthy summer veggies.
Ingredients of Summer Pasta Salad
- Rice noodles
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ an onion, chopped
- 1–2 ears of fresh corn
- oil, salt and pepper for veggies
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes, lime wedges, pepitas, cilantro leaves
- 1 large bunch cilantro
- 2 fat garlic cloves
- 1–2 tablespoons chopped jalapeño
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
How to Make Summer Pasta Salad
- Boil water for the rice noodles.
- Prep the veggies – brush or spray with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour boiling water over the rice noodles, let stand for 3 minutes, then drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Place the veggies on the grill, lower heat to medium, cover, then make the cilantro pesto.
- Place all the cilantro, garlic and jalapeño in food processor and pulse repeatedly until finely chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients, pulse until combined but not too smooth.
- Once the veggies are done, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Give the pasta a final cool water rinse, loosening it up. Drain and place in a bowl.
- Add the Cilantro Pesto and the veggies and an additional ½ teaspoon salt, and possibly more to taste. Adjust lime, salt and heat according to your taste preference.
- Add a pinch of chipotle pepper, or chili flakes, or even more finely chopped jalapeño to bump up the heat.
- Place on a serving platter or in a bowl, top with halved cherry tomatoes, sprinkle with more pepitas and cilantro leaves and serve with lime wedges.