Suran Ki Sabzi is a delicious and rich gravy with suran/yam cooked in whole spices.
Ingredients of Suran Sabji
- 300 grams Elephant yam
- 1/4 cup Green peas
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon garammasala
- 1/4 cup curd
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Black cardamom
- Coriander Leaves , for garnish
- 2 teaspoons ghee
How to make Suran Sabji
- Wash the suran cubes and mix with lime juice in a bowl.
- Take a pressure cooker add the suran along with salt and 2 tablespoons of water. Pressure cook for 1 whistle and turn off the heat.
- Heat a pan with ghee cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and ginger. Saute until you can smell the aromas coming through.
- Add the tomato puree and all the remaining masalas.
- Add the cooked suran cubes and dahi and give the Suran Ki Sabzi a brisk boil for 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Finally stir in the coriander leaves into the Suran Ki Sabzi and serve hot.