Sweet potato linguine is more robust than courgetti, so can withstand a bit more cooking. Served with a warming vegan bolognese-style ragù, this gluten-free low calorie main is perfect for the start of the cooler months.
Ingredients of Sweet potato linguine with vegan puy lentil ragù
- olive oil
- onion 1, finely chopped
- carrot 1, peeled and grated
- button or chestnut mushrooms 100g, finely chopped
- garlic 1 clove, crushed
- balsamic vinegar 1 tbsp
- rosemary needles finely chopped to make 1 tbsp
- chopped tomatoes 400g tin
- cooked puy lentils 250g pouch
- sweet potatoes 2 large or 3 medium, peeled
Method of Sweet potato linguine with vegan puy lentil ragù
- STEP 1 Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan over low heat and sauté the onion and carrot with a pinch of salt for 10 minutes until they are tender, but not golden. Increase the heat a little, add the mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes until they start to turn golden, then add the garlic, balsamic and rosemary and simmer until most of the balsamic has evaporated.
- STEP 2 Add the tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes, then add the lentils. Season and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, until thickened.
- STEP 3 Meanwhile, peel the sweet potatoes into long thin strips with a vegetable peeler or a spiralizer, lay them on top of each other, then cut the ribbons into 3 mm wide, or use the flatter setting of a spiralizer , to make sweet potato noodles.
- STEP 4 Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a frying pan and fry the sweet potato noodles for 3 to 5 minutes until they are tender and have turned a lighter shade of orange. Season, then pour into bowls and garnish with vegan ragù.