Tacos in Pasta Shells: “This recipe has a Mexican flavor and is tasty and easy to make. It is great anytime; kids and adults will love it. Garnish with sliced tomatoes, lettuce and ripe olives, if desired.”
Preparation Time: 3 Cooking Time: 30 Total Time: 1 Makes 6 servings
1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
18 jumbo pasta shells
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup taco sauce
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
1 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, brown beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add cream cheese, salt and chili powder; mix and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Toss cooked shells in butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fill shells with beef mixture and arrange in a 9×13 inch baking dish; pour taco sauce over shells. Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven and top with Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese and tortilla chips; return dish to oven to cook for 15 minutes more.
- Tacos in Pasta Shells is ready. Top with sour cream and onions; serve.
Amount Per Serving