India meets Italy in this unique Tandoori Paneer Pizza! An assortment of veggies is first soaked in a richly flavoured marinade, and then sautéed to intensify the flavour, before being added as a desi style topping to thin crust pizza bases. The topping is sautéed on a tava to give it a tandoori finish, while the assembled pizza is baked in an oven, as always, to melt the cheese and achieve the right texture.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Baking Time: 15 to 17 minutes Baking Temperature: 200°C (400°F). Total Time: Makes 2 pizzas
2thin crust pizza base [175 mm. (7″)
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
For The Tandoori Paneer Topping
1 cup paneer (cottage cheese) cubes
1/4 cup onion cubes
1/4 cup capsicum cubes
1/4 cup tomato cubes (deseeded)
2 tsp oil
To Be Mixed Into A Smooth Marinade
1/2 cup thick curds (dahi)
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
1/2 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
2 tsp butter
1 tbsp besan (bengal gram flour)
salt to taste
For the tandoori paneer topping
- Combine the paneer, onions, capsicum, tomatoes and the marinade in a deep bowl, toss gently and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil on a non-stick tava (griddle), add the marinated vegetables and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring gently and occasionally.
- Divide the topping into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
How to proceed
- Place a pizza base on a clean, dry surface, spread ¼ cup of pizza sauce and 1 portion of the tandoori paneer topping evenly over it.
- Finally sprinkle ¼ cup cheese evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 1 more pizza.
- Place both the pizzas on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 to 12 minutes or till the base is evenly browned and the cheese melts.
- Cut into equal wedges and serve immediately.
|Value per pizza||% Daily Values|
|Vitamin A||693.7 mcg||14%|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||0.3 mg||30%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0.1 mg||9%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||1.4 mg||12%|
|Vitamin C||34.9 mg||87%|
|Vitamin E||0.2 mg||1%|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||24 mcg||12%|