Pickle is the best complimentary part of Indian cuisines, and when it comes to punjabi and rajasthani pickles there is no match. Kair is very beneficial in diabetes, joint pains, immunity, cholestrol,etc. This is hot in taseer, normally pickles are considered as hot due to their masala contents but kair is itself so hot in taseer.
Ingredients of kair ka achar
- Kair- 250 gram
- Mustard oil- 1 cup
- Red chilli powder- 1 tablespoon
- Fenugreek seeds- 1 tablespoon
- Fennel- 1 tablespoon
- Rai- 1 tablespoon
- Amchur- 1/3 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
How to Make kair ka achar
- Soak kair in salt water for 6 hours.
- Next day remove water and let them dry over.
- Heat a heavy bottom kadhai and put mustard oil in it.
- Put the oil aside to get cool down, menawhile take another kadhai and dry roast fenugreek, rai and saunf.
- Mix all the roasted and unroasted spices.
- Add kair to them.
- Add oil to them and stir them for sometime to get mixed well.
- Fill the achar in a dry glass container so that it will not moistened and rot.