Thai Chicken Satay skewers with Thai Peanut Sauce – the gold standard of authentic Thai food!
Ingredients of Thai Chicken Satay
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon Kecap Manis
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Pinch of salt
- 4 skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons Peanut oil for frying
How to make Thai Chicken Satay
Mix the coconut milk, peanut butter, brown sugar, curry paste, sauces and salt in a bowl until well combined and creamy.
Add in the chicken, turning to coat completely with the marinade for half an hour in the refrigerator.
Heat oil in an oven-proof pan.
Sear the chicken until browned on each side and fragrant.
Transfer to the oven and continue cooking for a further 30 minutes.
Serve the chicken with the peanut sauce.
Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves, lime wedges and red chillies.