This Receipe is made from scratch no need to buy any pre-packaged curry pastes which makes this recipe healthier and fresher.
- PREP: 10 MINS
- COOK: 30 MINS
Ingredients Of Thai Green Chicken Curry
- 225g potatoes, cut into chunks
- 100g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 rounded tbsp or 4 tsp Thai green curry paste (you can’t fit the tablespoon into some of the jars)
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 450g boneless skinless chicken (breasts or thighs), cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves finely shredded, or 3 wide strips lime zest, plus extra to garnish
- good handful of basil leaves
- boiled rice, to serve
Also Read: Thai Vegetarian Pineapple Fried Rice
Method Of Thai Green Chicken Curry
- Put 225g of new potatoes, cut into pieces, in a pan of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 100 g of green beans trimmed and cut in half and cook for another 3 minutes, after which time the two should be tender but not too soft.
- Drain and set aside. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable or sunflower oil until very hot, then place 1 clove of chopped garlic and cook until golden, this does not should take only a few seconds.
- Do not let it get very dark or it will spoil the taste.
- Pour in 1 tablespoon Thai green curry and stir for a few seconds to start cooking the spices and release all the flavors.
- Then pour a 400 ml can of coconut milk and let it bubble.