Each mini wrap offers an explosion of Thai flavors that strike different parts of the palate at once. The peanut sauce is exceptional and surprisingly simple. Lettuce wraps are a low-carb and healthy idea for dinner and they always disappear quickly!
Ingredients Of Thai Mini Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
For the Lettuce Wraps
- 1 head of Boston lettuce
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 avocado sliced into strips
- 1/2 cucumber sliced into strips
- 1/2 small bunch of cilantro
- 1 medium carrot cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup Lowfat sesame ginger dressing (We use Newman’s Own Brand*)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter room temperature
Also Read: Thai Fillet of Fish Baked in Banana Leaf
Instructions Of Thai Mini Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- Rinse and dry your shrimp. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to a large hot non-stick pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add the shrimp and cook over medium / high heat 2 min on each side or just until cooked, then transfer to a plate.
- Cut your cucumber and carrot into thin matches. Cut your avocado into strips, cut the coriander springs in half.
- Prepare your peanut vinaigrette, combine 1/2 cup of sesame ginger dressing with 1 1/2 tsp. Tablespoon peanut butter in a mason jar or tupperware with an airtight lid.
- Shake well until smooth. To assemble the lettuce husks, place the cups of lettuce on a platter, add several strips of carrot and cucumber, avocado slices, 2 shrimp and a few large sprigs of coriander.
- Drizzle the top with the peanut sauce.