Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 4 servings
For The Thai Vegetable Stock
1 cup roughly chopped onions
2 cups chopped carrots
6 whole black peppercorns (kalimirch)
2 stalks lemongrass (hare chai ki patti)
salt to taste
2 tsp low-fat butter
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1/4 cup finely chopped spring onions (whites and greens)
1/2 cup sliced and blanched mushrooms (khumbh)
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1/2 cup shredded spinach (palak)
1/2 cup sliced and blanched baby corn
1 cup bean sprouts
1/2 cup tofu or low-fat paneer (cottage cheese) cubes
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp soy sauce
salt to taste
For the thai vegetable stock
- Combine all the ingredients along with 6 of cups water in a deep non-stick pan and mix well.
- Simmer for approx. 20 minutes or till they release their flavours, while stirring occasionally.
- Strain using a strainer and keep aside.
How to proceed
- Heat the butter in adeep non-stick pan, add the garlic, green chillies and spring onions and sauté on a medium flamefor 1 minute.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the thai vegetable stock, mix well and bring to a boil, while stirring occasionally.
- Thai Vegetable Soup is ready. Serve hot.
|Value per serving||% Daily Values|
|Vitamin A||2042.7 mcg||43%|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||0.1 mg||10%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0.1 mg||9%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||1.2 mg||10%|
|Vitamin C||15.3 mg||38%|
|Vitamin E||0 mg||0%|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||45.1 mcg||23%|