This classic pineapple fried rice is truly mouthwatering. Golden grains of rice jeweled with chunks of juicy pineapple, cashews, and currants create a taste that will send you straight to paradise! Make it as the main course or as a beautiful side dish to any meal.
Ingredients Of Thai Vegetarian Pineapple Fried Rice
For the stir-fry sauce:
- 3 tbsp freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 4 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp chili sauce
- 5 tsp coconut sugar (1 tbsp + 2 tsp)
- 1 tsp Indian curry powder
- 1 tsp chinese five spices
For the vegan Thai pineapple fried rice:
- 1 tbsp neutral oil (I used refined coconut oil)
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 1/2 small head of purple cabbage chopped
- 2 carrots chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 head broccoli cut into small florets, stem peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 2 and 1/2 cup cooked rice
- stir-fry sauce
- sliced green onion
- chopped toasted peanuts or cashews for serving
Instructions Of Thai Vegetarian Pineapple Fried Rice
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the sautéed sauce to dissolve the coconut sugar and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the oil and the onion. Stir and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until the onion becomes translucent, about 1 minute longer.
- Add the cabbage, carrot and broccoli and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the broccoli is tender and crisp, about 3 minutes. Add the pineapple, rice and stir fry sauce to the pan and mix to combine.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the sauce coats the rice and vegetables, about 1 minute.
- Add more soy sauce or hot sauce to taste.
- Serve garnished with green onion and chopped nuts.