To make your celebrations extra sweet, here is a unique recipe that would brighten up your spirits. Rasmalai is a sweet dish popular in many homes. The soft paneer balls immersed in sweet flavoured milk melt in the mouth and the delicious dessert is perfect for any celebration. Add a little zing to it, and learn how to make thandai rasmalai in simple steps.
Ingredients of Thandai rasmalai
1 litre — Milk
50 ml — Vinegar
100 gm — Ice
1 kg — Sugar syrup
50 gm — Refined flour
70 ml — Water
20 gm — Pistachio
10 gm — Gold leaf
1/2 gm — Saffron
5 gm — Elaichi powder
100 gm — Sugar
500 gm — Milk
10 drops — Thandai
20 gm — Almonds
20 gm — Pine nuts
How to Make Thandai rasmalai
- In a pan add milk and bring it to boil. Once boiled add vinegar and once milk get separated add ice into it.
- Strain the mixture through a muslin cloth and keep the chena (paneer) with some heavy weight so that all the water is released from the mixture.
- No residues should be left of vinegar water into the mixture.
- Make the sugar syrup from 1kg sugar and 300gm water and boil it for a thick consistency.
- Once the water is released from the chena (paneer) make small balls with adding flour into it and add into the sugar syrup. Cook for 10 mins.
- Boil 500 gm milk separately, add saffron, elachi powder and sugar 50 gm and add rasmalai into it .cook for 10 mins.
- Once the rabri is set with rasmalai into it.
- Put in the fridge and garnish it with almonds, pine nuts, pistachio and gold leaf.
- Add a few drops of thandai in it.
- Serve chilled.