These cookies are made with a simple sugar cookie dough, rolled in sparkling sugar, and then indented and filled with your choice of jam! These are an all-time favorite cookie recipe, and the filling options are absolutely endless!
INGREDIENTS of Thumbprints Cookies
- 1 3/4 cup – all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp.- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp.- kosher salt
- 3/4 cup- butter, softened
- 1/2 cup- granulated sugar
- 1- large egg
- 1 tsp.- pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup- assorted jams, for filling cookies
How to Make Thumbprints Cookies
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla, then add dry ingredients in two batches until incorporated.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop 1 by 1 ball onto prepared baking sheets.
- Press a thumbprint into center of each ball.
- Fill with a small spoonful of jam.
- Bake until edges of cookies are golden, 15 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets before serving.