Til Ke Laddu – Makar Sankranti is around the corner, so I thought I would share this recipe for ladoo with sesame seeds. During Makar Sankranti, til jaggery ladoos were shared with everyone with these words – til gud ghya god god god bola. It means taking til jaggery and saying sweet words. In the evening, we would have a large jar full of ladoos til jaggery and sugar candies, which we would happily steal.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Ingredients Of Til Ke Ladoo
- 1 cup white sesame seeds (100 g)
- ½ cup jaggery (60g)
- 2 tsp ghee clarified butter / use cashew butter for vegan preparation
- 6-8 green cardamoms powdered
- 10-12 pistachios powdered
Also Read: Khoya Matar Makhana
Instructions To Make Til Ke Ladoo
- Dry roasted sesame seeds over medium-high heat, until fragrant.
- It takes about 2-3 minutes. The color will darken slightly and you will hear them crackling. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the jaggery and ghee until it completely melts. It takes about 3-4 minutes. Remove from fire.
- To the melted jaggery and ghee, add the toasted sesame seeds, pistachio powder, and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- The mixture will be very sticky and you will have to make a little effort to mix well and cool the mixture. Rub some ghee/oil on your palms.
- Take a small amount of the sesame and jaggery mixture and form small balls. Repeat until all mixing is complete.
- Store in a cool, dry place. The til-jaggery ladoos stays well up to a month.