A variation of usual modak recipes. It is made from sesame seeds and jaggery.
- Prep Time –10 minutes
- Cook Time –15 minutes
- Total Time –25 minutes
Ingredients Of TIL MODAK (Ganesh Chaturthi Special)
- 150 grams or 1 cup Sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon Ghee (Clarified butter)
- 125 grams or ⅔ cup Jaggery (Gur)
- 2-3 teaspoons Milk or water
Also Read: Shrikhand (Ganesh Chautarthi Special)
Instructions Of TIL MODAK (Ganesh Chaturthi Special)
Roasting sesame seeds:
- Take sesame seeds from the pan.
- Light the fire to medium-low.
- Roast them dry, stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes.
- We are not looking for a color change, just a little warm-up.
- Remove it to a plate and let it cool.
- Once cool, coarsely grind them.
Making til modak recipe or sesame seeds modak:
- Heat the ghee in the same pan over medium heat.
- Add some jaggery. Mix and cook, stirring constantly, and allow the jaggery to melt. Don’t let it boil, just melt.
- As soon as it is melted, add the ground sesame seeds.
- Mix quickly and turn off the stove. Remove the mixture to a plate. And let it get hot or cool to the touch.
- Once cool to the touch, feel the mixture by hand and try to press it into your palm. If it comes together, you’re good.
- If it looks dry, add 1 teaspoon of water or milk at a time and mix. The mixture can become sticky.
- I added 1 tablespoon of milk.
- Grease the mold with ghee and start to shape them by pressing firmly.