This Turkey Burger with Bayonne Ham and Brie will surely become a summer favorite. The burger is light and juicy. It is placed on a bed of mustard aioli and a lettuce leaf, then covered with an incredible layer of caramelized onions, melted Brie slices and crisp Bayonne ham.
Ingredients Of Turkey Burger with Bayonne Ham and Brie
- 1 lbs. Ground turkey meat 93% fat;
- 2 Bread slices soaked in milk and squeezed out;
- 1 Egg;
- ⅓ cup Parmesan Cheese;
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce;
- 1 tablespoon Parsley;
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder;
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder;
- 1 teaspoon Sweet paprika
- ¾ teaspoon Salt & ½ teaspoon Pepper.
- 1 large Vidalia sweet onions or 2 small Spanish onions;
- 1 tablespoon Butter; unsalted
- 1 Olive Oil; Extra Virgin
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- ½ cup Mayonnaise;
- 1 tablespoon Creamy Dijon Mustard;
- 1 tablespoon Whole Grain Dijon Mustard;
- Black Pepper to taste
- 8 slices Bayonne Ham;
- 8 slices Brie Cheese;
- 4 Sesame seeds burger buns;
- 4 Lettuce leaves;
- Oil spray for burgers.
Instructions Of Turkey Burger with Bayonne Ham and Brie
- Cut your onions.
- Heat your pan, then add the butter and olive oil, onions and salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat for 45 minutes to an hour (stirring often), until your onions are caramelized.
- First, you’ll want to soak your bread for a few minutes in milk. Once the bread is soaked, wring out the milk and put the inner bread only in a bowl (you can skip the crust).
- Then add the turkey meat, egg, parmesan, parsley and spices in a large bowl and mix. Make sure you don’t over-mix the meat. Otherwise, it will be difficult.
- If meat is wet, you can add a few bread crumbs, but don’t overdo it. You want the burgers to be slightly moist, because they will be juicier; Form 4 patties and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together mayonnaise with both mustards and black pepper. Do not add salt, as your mayonnaise, as well as your mustards, are already salty.
ALSO READ: VEAL MILANESE (ITALIAN)
- Preheat your grill hot; Spray your burgers with cooking oil and place them on the grill.
- Cook the burgers on each side for about 5-7 minutes.
- Place the slices of Bayonne ham on a metal sheet and place it on a grill next to the burgers.
- cook for a few minutes until you get the desired crisp; remove from grill; Once the burgers are cooked on both sides, add caramelized onions to each burger, garnish with brie slices and let melt.
- Remove the burgers from the grill, You can toast your rolls if that’s your preference, then add the mustard aioli, a lettuce leaf, an onion and cheese burger and garnish with crisp Bayonne ham.
- You can also add more aioli on the upper bun. Serve and taste!