Revani is a Turkish cake that’s made with semolina flour, soaked in a lemon-flavored simple syrup, then topped with chopped pistachios. It’s light, extremely moist, and a very popular Turkish dessert. It’s also very easy to make!
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients of Turkish Cake Revani
For the syrup:
- 2 cup water
- 2 cup sugar
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- For the cake:
- 1 cup semolina
- ½ cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup olive oil
- For garnish:
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconu
How to Make Turkish Cake Revani
- Put sugar and water in a pot and bring it to boil.
- Reduce the heat to the low once it boils and let it simmer until it thickens a bit, for about 20 minutes.
- Add in lemon juice and let it simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Butter the bottom and the edges of a round baking pan.
- Combine semolina, flour and baking powder.
- whisk together the eggs and sugar in a bowl until creamy and fluffy. Add in yogurt and oil.
- Add in the dry ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and bake until golden, for about 30 minutes.
- Pour the syrup over the warm cake.